Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sanctuary Projects with Rae

Hello all. It's Rae, sharing my last projects for BFS! It's been an exciting year for me, and I feel so honored to to have been a part of this team! I made all of these projects with the Sanctuary paper collection.


"Remember" Layout



This is my layout that I made for the December Sketch Challenge. You still have time to play along!

I am absolutely obsessed with cemetery statues. I took these pics a few months ago at a huge cemetery here in Denver, and I knew they would be perfect for the Sanctuary papers!

Here's a closeup of two pieces of chipboard that I layered (the ornate frame and a piece of the small Roman clock set). On the ornate frame, I used embossing powders and chalk ink to get that effect. I pressed my black archival ink pad on the clock piece, and used some gold paint.

Untitled Layout

I love all the rich colors in Sanctuary collection and how they are paired with such soft complimentary colors, so I wanted to play with all of them for this layout.




Here's a close up of the small spring iris piece. I treated it with a heavy layer of gesso, then randomly sprinkled clear embossing powder over it, and dried it with a heat gun. Once dry, I used some acrylic glaze paints and water to get this effect.

You can also see the Boston lattice- nothing fancy there- just a coat of gesso!

I used some of the Bohemian flowers from that set under the flower cluster, along with a key from the vintage key set. I used a platinum embossing powder and once it was hot, I pour small amounts of black embossing powder over it, so it only slightly melded on to the platinum.

I used the same technique on the manor hinges.


"Smile" Card

For this card, I used the Bordeaux Layered Frame. I traced the bottom piece on to the Conservatory paper, then adhered it to the chipboard, and filed the edges for a clean look.


 In this close up, you can see the top layer of the frame- I used several colors of embossing powders, layering them to achieve this effect.

I did the same thing with the "Smile" title. 


I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my projects today, and this past year!

Congrats to the new Blue Fern Studios design team- it's going to be an amazing year!


Rae

2 comments: