Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kelly's May Projects

Good morning, Blue Fern fans! Kelly here today.
Have you had a peek at the new Ombré Dreams paper collection? It is absolutely stunning..and I had a chance to create with it in time for my post this month :)

"You Color My World"

I was immediately drawn to the purple/yellow colors in "Julianna's Dream" for my background paper. I added some mixed media work atop that, then layered in strips torn from "Shannon's Dream." My title was cut from the "Dream Cards" sheet.


In addition to the gorgeous new papers, I have used some new chipboard designs, as well, including this Treasured Floral Frame, which was given a coating of gesso and then sprayed with a few pastel mists to match the background colors.


I also cut a few pieces from the Quilted Page Panel, painted with gesso, sprayed with mists, then dusted gently with Primary Elements Artist Pigments for lots of shimmer.

"Simply Beautiful"

This next page is a bit more subdued and simple. I chose the Blue Fern Garden "Signature" paper for my background, as I thought the subtle texture and color was perfect for my photo. I then layered scraps from other Blue Fern Garden papers, cardboard, fabric, and tissue paper for lots of texture.


Above you can see I have used one of the Symphony Corners - Medium, which was embossed with two different embossing enamels, sprayed with mists, then gently dabbed with gesso. Into the cluster I also added bits of the Berry Stems.


At the top corner of my photo, I added one of the Symphony Corners - Small. This piece was treated the same as the other, and once again I tucked in pieces of the Berry Stems here and there.

"Dream"

This last page, I simply pulled various scraps from my stash, (including a few of the cut off strips from the bottoms of Blue Fern Garden papers!) and layered up my background. To really draw focus to the photo, I framed it twice using Circle Links and Beaded Strings. These were both given a coat of a few colors of chalk ink, then painted using Silks in various colors. The photo doesn't quite capture it, but they are super shimmery!


On either side of the photo I have also added an arrow from the Directions set. These were treated the same as the frames.


Blue Fern Studios products:
Directions
Beaded Strings
Circle Links
Blue Fern Garden Paper Collection
Ombré Dreams Paper Collection
Berry Stems
Symphony Corners - Small
Symphony Corners - Medium
Treasured Floral Frame
Quilted Page Panel

Thank you so much for looking through my projects today, have a great day!
*Kelly*

7 comments:

  1. These are amazing... love the photos , too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're amazing :) Love the colors and photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages. I am loving the different color palettes you used for each page. The floral arranging and chipboard treatments are beautifully done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! So many gorgeous projects in this post! Lovely pages..love them all!!

    ReplyDelete