Saturday, April 13, 2019

Happy Together Layout



Hello all, it's Aida from @aidaville  and today I'm back with a layered layout featuring the ever gorgeous Blue Fern Studios lace. If you are into shabby, pretty projects and makes, adding lace will surely give them a boost of lovely texture. 

Here are the products I used :
Blue Fern Studios supplies :
Papers : 
Happy Accident #2 - Chase  |  Damsel
Remnants : Callaway
Lace : #1 and #2
Remnants Printed Chipboard
Assorted Blue Fern Florals
Others :
9"x7" flat back Canvas
Collage Medium, Acrylic Paints, Water Soluble Crayons, White Gesso, 

I began with 6'x6' patterned paper and started building the central piece of the layout on it. Photos should always be the focus of layouts and I chose to adhere it slightly to the left to create space for a title or embellishments.


From this point, I played around with the lace pieces and florals till I was happy with how the embellishments fitted into the layout.


I love the neutral colour of the lace as this makes it very easy to match the papers and florals, just look how the sewn on sequins add a touch of pretty sparkle !


The title to the right of the photo is from the Remnants Printed Chipboard popped up with foam squares.


The orange blossoms give the layout a bright happy feel. To create a shabby appeal, I lightly brushed the florals with watered down gesso and dried them with a heat tool.


Finally, to frame the focal piece, I mounted it on a canvas collage using a patterned paper and Lace #2, glued to the lower end with collage medium After it dried, I then lightly brushed a coat of white gesso and pale pink.



This layout was so much fun to make as pretty Blue Fern Studios products are an inspiration and makes the process amazingly easy.

I hope you will make something pretty in the weekend ahead. I'll see you soon and remember to come back for more ideas from the rest of the Design Team !

 Aida Haron @aidaville 


No comments:

Post a Comment