Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Spring Garden layouts by Patty Rogers

Hello everyone!  Today concludes our projects from the Blue Fern Fan of the Month, Patty Rogers.  It has been such a joy to have her with us this month, as we know what a big fan she is of everything Blue Fern.
Today, Patty has created 2 layouts to share with you.  I will let her tell you all about them!

* * * * *

Hello Blue Fern Studios fans! It's Patty with my last post as Fan of the Month. What an honor this has been! I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Spring Parade collection.


Hi Blue Fern fans! It's Patty with another layout from the Spring Parade collection.
 I did quite a bit of fussy cutting for this piece, as well as 3-D work and applying texture.



One technique found in my work is layering. I think it shows off all of the beautiful papers,
 so dimension is a must for me.



You can see where I used the Forever stamp with Pink Dust embossing powder
on each of the layers in random places for texture and dimension.



I applied a few brushstrokes of gesso on the flowers to lighten them a little and distressed the layered papers.



Here, you can see the layering, distressing, textured background, splatters of color and embossed chipboard pieces.




For this layout, I used May Vignettes as my background paper. The little eggs, bunny, and
flowers are sweet without dominating the background. Again, I used the Spring Bunny Frame,
Good Vibes and Garden Lattice Bits for the chipboard.



I embossed the frame with Snow and Sea Mist embossing powders with just a sprinkle of Spring Posy glitter.



Fussy cutting the little bird in a basket adds dimension to the layout when popped up.



The banners were distressed and I embossed the title using Lavender Eggs.



The flowers used on this layout were Spring Peony and Berries, Spring Florals, 
Dark Tropic Lilies and Courtship Roses. 

 Wishing everyone a lot of creative enjoyment with Blue Fern Studios products! --- Patty

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed viewing these beautiful layouts in the gorgeous Spring Parade collection!

    ReplyDelete