Sunday, October 10, 2021

 Seaside Cottage Folio Journal

 
 The beautiful Seaside Cottage collection was the inspiration for this folio journal. The soft white washed palette is perfect for an ocean side feel and the matching elements gave me lots to work with.

 
For the front cover I used the "Guide Me Home" chipboard set, embossing it to add texture.
 

 I used some gingham fabric to cover the spine and added a strip of lace that matches the collection perfectly!


I created this folio journal and packed it with lots of ephemera. Many of the pieces are altered using pieces from the ephemera pack as well as the journal card pack.
 
 



I love making pockets and filling them with the bits and pieces from the collection, snippets of lace and ribbons.
 

 
I also make lots of tags using some fun found slide frames, photo negative strips and old music sheets, adding stitching that give a vintage feel. I also had fun adding some stenciling with the brand new 
Blue Fern stencils! So fun!
 
 
A complete video series of the making of this folio journal is under my playlist, Blue Fern Studios, on my YouTube - Gayle Agostinelli.  
 
A flip through video is available at https://youtu.be/FUrbHXIyJi0, to see a walk through of the journal and ephemera.  
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Hugs, Gayle
 
Products Used 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment