Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Bright & Colorful- By Keren Tamir


"Love you"

Here is my first project for the month of March. It's a bright and colourful Mixed Media project using a photo of my daughter as an anchor.
The background paper is Ombré Dreams from Blue Fern Studios.


I used hexagon shapes to create the pattern in the background. First, I masked with a hexagon stencil. Then I stamped with the new Blue Fern Studios hexagon patterned stamp. Finally, I added Hexagon bits chipboard pieces around the photo.


The chipboard bits were painted in two different shades of purple/fuchsia and then doodled on with a white marker.


You can see all the Hexagon patterns in this picture below.


<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Shine"

This is also a bright and colourful layout but with a different color scheme.
The background paper is also from the Ombré Dreams Collection. I find this collection very versatile to use when you want to create bright and colourful projects.


I used a photo of myself and framed it in the new round butterfly frame which I personally designed. 
I love butterflies so I love being surrounded by them.


This was a picture my husband took of me during a beautiful sunset. I thought that I should also create a similar matching theme on this layout.
First, I created a stencilled background to mimic the sun rays from the picture.
Then I used the Butterfly frame as it has a sun-like appearance. I covered it in yellow and orange chalk ink.


Finally, I used three new Radiant chipboard Suns, which I painted in gold and then sprinkled with gold glitter. I loved using them as it continued on with the sun-filled theme. 



Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern Studios blog

Have a wonderful day!!

Keren

2 comments:

  1. Keren,
    Both of your layouts are really beautiful! The first one with the shades of pink around your adorable daughter - is lovely, bright and happy. The second layout of you is stunning as well - and the colors, again, are wonderful and bright. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete