Monday, January 21, 2013

Love Lives Here

Hi there Blue Fern Studios Fans! I'm very proud and honored to be part of the Blue Fern Studios International DT! Thank you so very much Leslie for inviting me to join this uber creative team of designers and to have the opportunity to create using your awesome chipboard products!

Here's a little bit about me: My name is Mona Pendleton, I live in Phoenix, AZ USA with my sweet and supportive husband Scott. We have a blended family which consists of 4 children, (2 young adults and 2 teen agers) along with 2 West Highland Terriers.

I work as an Operating Room Registered Nurse in an Orthopedic Hospital and create in my spare time. I've been dabbling in some sort of craft for years. I started out sewing dresses for my daughter over 20 years ago then began exploring painting, scrapbooking and card making. I'm not sure what my style is as I love to try everything and anything. I do love lots of layers, textures and embellishments whether it's on a canvas, card, tag, art journal or layout.

You can find more of my work on my blog: Cupcake's Creations

Today I have a mixed media canvas to share featuring several beautiful Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces.
I painted and added a coat of distress crackle paint to one of the pretty butterflies from the Brigitte Butterfly Set. 
 I framed my sweet furry friend Griffin with a beautiful Tuscan Window. I first painted the window using Gesso, once dry applied a coat of Distress crackle paint.
 To add a pretty metallic finish to the two Blooming Flourishes and Royal Border, I first painted with a coat of Gesso then applied a coat of embossing enamel.

Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Used:
Brigitte Butterfly Set (074387) 
Royal Border Large (074615)
 Blooming Flourish (074509)
Tuscan Window (074752)
Thanks so much for visiting! Please be sure to stop back for some more fabulous inspiration from all the DT members!
Be Sweet ;)

10 comments:

  1. Mona, love all of the textures on the canvas. So very beautiful. And framing your precious pooch in the window is just perfect. Love all of the detail here! Such a gorgeous creation! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Mona - absolutely love the little photo of Gretchen in the window! love all the finishes you applied to the flourishes, butterfly and window and the brickwork texture looks absolutely AMAZING! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous!!! I just keep looking at this ... Love the chipboard window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this adorable canvas. So cute. The chipboard pieces and flowers used made it so inspiring.
    The window with the puppy....priceless...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. I just want to touch the texture on your page!! It adds so much depth to the beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So spectacular to see the talented Mona here- she is so wonderful and always shares such beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful Mona and I absolutely love the chippies! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fresh feel to this. Love how you used the window for the "doggy in the window".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the texture on your canvas Mona! and the embossing enamel on the border and flourishes is such a beautiful touch. You always make such gorgeous projects, absolutely beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete