Monday, June 24, 2019

Exploding box with the Radiance collection

Hi, Henriëtte here today sharing my first project with the new "Radiance" collection.
I love this collection, it's so cheerful with beautiful summer colors.
The matching flowers and chipboards are perfect for my project: an exploding box.


The box is made from white cardstock.
I covered all the sides with the Radiance patterned papers.

On the lid I also glued a paper doily, 3 flowers, a ephemera piece and 
2 chipboard butterflies.
I heat embossed the chipboard butterflies with starry night blue embossing powder.
I thought they were a bit to blue so I added another layer of white embossing powder.
After doing that they were soft blue and matching the papers very well.






I decorated the inside with more ephemera and "blushing blooms" chipboards.





I made the centerpiece by cutting a styrofoam ball in half and glueing white lace around the base. 
 I added lots of pink and white flowers and two heat embossed butterflies.
It looks like they are flying.
I took a small strip of acetate and bent the top and bottom so I could 
glue it on the butterfly and on the styrofoam ball between the flowers.
From a distance you cannot see the acetate strips. 






It's a very bright and sunny exploding box.
I hope you like it also.




Products used:

Papers: 
Radiance

Ephemera: 
Radiance

Lace:
White Venise lace trim Floral garden

Chipboards: 
petite frames and butterflies
Blushing blooms

Flowers:
Floral basics white and pink
Radiant blooms

Embossing poder:
Starry night

Thanks for stopping by the Blue Fern Studios blog.
I appreciate your comments very much.


Hugs, Henriëtte.





No comments:

Post a Comment