Saturday, February 16, 2019

Born to be Wild-Pam Ellis

Hello and welcome to Blue Fern Studios. My name is Pam Ellis and I am thrilled to be here with you today!

First a bit about myself. I live in Gravenhurst, a small tourist town in Northern Ontario, Canada. I live with my hubby and dog Bruiser. I was a Registered Nurse with the Toronto Hospital until I sustained an injury that ended my career. I am a mother of 5 daughters and grandma to 5 grandchildren. I started scrapping when my first grandchild was born exactly 12 years ago.

My scrapping style is typically shabby chic but I enjoy experimenting and continue to evolve as a Visual Story Teller everyday. I have been a huge fan of Blue Fern Studios since its inception in 2012. I love the quality of their products and the vast choice of designs! 

You can find me here:
Blog: http://mybeaner.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/langeatheart
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/langeatheart/
Gallery:https://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&login=1 

I am honored to be a member of the 2019 design team and look forward to sharing my designs with you. So let's begin!

 I used the Remnants Collection to scrap this photo of my grandson Jaxon. It was the perfect choice as the colors complimented my photo perfectly.
 I used several different papers to build up my background behind my photo. I also used the Remnants Printed Chipboard to add a few pieces to my page. The chipboard cogs are from the Blue Fern Cogs & Gears set. I primed the chipboard with Gesso then painted it with mists. Once dry I added Crackle Accents. You can also see some Purpe Haze Seedlings tucked into the cog.

 Here you can see the masking and misting work I did on my background.
 My title is also from the Blue Fern chipboard collection. Born to be Wild was the perfect sentiment for this page. I think Jaxon looks like a mini version of James Dean! I painted the chipboard with a dark velvet purple then added Red Wine Sparkles (also from Blue Fern)  to it to get the perfect color match for my page.
 I used two different colors of Seedlings on my page . I used Purple Haze on the page and on my flowers and Tickled Pink on the leaves.
I fussed with my flowers for a bit until I realized the best option for this page was to make some of my own. I used Blue Fern papers to make the largest two blooms. I also used flowers from the Apricot Bloom & Heartland Roses Collections. I altered these a bit with mist and by adding Seedlings. The leaves were also stamped on Blue Fern papers.

Products Used:

Patterned Papers
Mayfair
Vignette
Highgate
Callaway
Devonshire
Bloomsbury
Westfield

Chipboard
Cogs & Gears
Born to be Wild

Painted Chipboard
Remnants Collection

Flowers
Apricot Blooms
Heartland Roses

Seedlings
Purple Haze
Tickled Pink

Sparkles
Red Wine



No comments:

Post a Comment