Friday, March 16, 2018

March Layout Inspiration - Joanne Bain

Hi Everyone!!

Joanne here with you today to share 2 layouts, one with a tutorial. Both are created with the totally gorgeous In The Mood collection.

For my first layout I chose to pull the darker colour in the collection and give my main cluster a bit of a colour pop with vibrant red.

'Love'


To frame my photo I have used the outside hearts from the In The Mood chipboard sheet. To create the pens, I used the pen stamp from the Desk Set stamp set, this was then embossed with Ebony embossing powder.


The small lace flowers were cut from Lace 3B. All chipboard was also embossed with Ebony embossing powder.


The background was created by using a stencil with black gesso and the while nearly dry a sprinkling of Ruby Slippers glitter was applied.


To build up added interest to the cluster I added some of the cream flowers from the Chesterville florals set. I also added some natural cheesecloth to add extra texture and softness to the page.

Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
In The Mood
Dreamy Patterned Paper
Amused Pattern Paper
Chipboard
In The Mood Chipboard Sheet
Flowers
Chesterville Florals
Seedlings
Beating Heart
Stamps
Desk Set
Glitter
Ruby Slippers
Lace
Lace 3B

For my next page I chose to use the softer tones in the collection. I simply do adore this collection it is just so pretty. For this layout I also thought I would do a little step by step tutorial so you may be able to create this one yourself.

'Perfect Moment'


The small Roman clock face was cut in half layered and embossed with the gorgeous Pixie Dust embossing powder. The top half of the clock also had dark chocolate and Ivory embossing powders added.


The small frame behind the photo was coloured with Green Ivory embossing powder. In the background of the page there is a sprinkling of Mauve and Gold Nugget seedlings.


For added interest in the cluster I added some fussy cut flowers cut from the Attracted patterned paper. 


The main feature flower is one of the lighter pink flowers from the Moody Florals set. I removed the centre of the flower and added my own.


The title and the background flourish were both coloured with Dark Chocolate embossing powder.

Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
In The Mood
Optimistic Patterned Paper
Attracted Pattern Paper
Chipboard
Roman Clock Small
Flowers
Chesterville Florals
Seedlings
Mauve
Gold Nugget
Embossing Powder
Ivory
Green Ivory
Pixie Dust
Dark Chocolate

And now a tutorial for you.


Well that is it for me this month, I hope I have inspired you.
Joanne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment