Friday, January 19, 2018

Joanne Bain - January Remnants Collection Inspiration

Hi Everyone!!

Firstly I just wanted to say how happy I am to be part of the 2018 Blue Fern Studios Design Team.

So who am I.....


I am Joanne Bain from Queensland, Australia.

I am a very proud mother of 2 and I am happily married to my best friend and have been for 24 years. He is the best husband a girl could ask for and is very supportive of my paper crafting. Most of my inspiration for this craft comes from my wonderful family and friends and also the beautiful array of products that are now available. When I am not scrapbooking, I am kept busy with all activities involving raising a happy family and I like dabbling around with photography which is perfect as I always have something to scrap.

We live in sunny Queensland Australia along with our 2 dogs and more pet birds then I can count. I have been a scrapbooker for 16 years since my daughter was the age of 3 and then 13 years ago along came the other special boy in my life my gorgeous son, many of my creations tend to feature them. From as far back as I can remember I was always doing some form of craft. I have sewed, crocheted, knitted, painted and scrapbooked throughout my teenage years without even knowing it….lol.

My preferred scrapping preference is 12 x 12 layouts and creating off the page/altered projects. I am not locked into a specific scrapping style, as I am happy to give anything a go but I would describe my style as structured with lots of layers, fussy cut paper cutting, detail, dimension and whitespace! Whitespace is the main feature to many of my layouts, I love creating embellished clusters that draw the eye in.

I am proud to say I have held design team positions for manufactures Prima Marketing, Graphic 45, Dusty Attic, Kaisercraft and Manourhouse Creations.

You can find me at:

Now it is time for me to share my January projects, I hope you enjoy and they inspire you to create.

For my projects today I created with the new Remnants collection. This collection is beautiful!

'Remember The Day'


For this layout I used 2 pieces of the Devonshire patterned paper, the colour is simply gorgeous and so so soft. I used one as the base for my page while the other was fussy cut to create my dimensional corner cluster.

How gorgeous are those birds?


I added mini some mini chipboard flourishes and a smaller Techno Square behind my photo for added detail and dimension. The chipboard was all lightly inked with chalk ink as I wanted a soft finish to it, some parts of it were also embossed with Ivory embossing powder, so love that colour.


To make the layout quiet feminine I added some of the gorgeous pastel coloured lillies from the Harvest Lillies set, I then added some cotton thread for added softness. The title for the page is from the Remnants printed chipboard set. I also added some chalk ink to this to slightly soften the colour and make it blend more with the background.


In the background I added a sprinkling of Mauve seedlings to compliment the page and some fussy cut butterflies.

Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
839788 Remnants - Devonshire
Chipboard
839887 Remnants - Printed Chipboard
648065 Roman Clock Set - Small
651263 Mini Flourishes
237668 Techno Squares
Flowers
833489 Apricot Blooms
137273 Harvest Lillies
Embossing Powder
109577 Ebony
Seedlings
836480 Mauve

So my next layout probably has a bit more of a masculine feel to it but I have added small little details to help give it some softness. The colouring for this page was inspired by the colour of the Tungsten wedding band being placed on my brothers finger.

'Forever'


For this page I chose to use the Callaway patterned paper from the Remnants collection. I love the grungy feel it has while having a slightly purplish tinge to it. This layout still has a lot of white space happening even though the cluster is more large and open. It also has a steampunk feel to it which I love.


The base of the cluster started with Bits Of Honey chipboard and then built up by adding Cogs & Gears chippy and some flowers. These were all painted with black gesso and then coloured with metallique wax.


The background was stamped with the honey bits stamp and embossed with Ebony embossing powder.


The circular frame over the photo are the throw away pieces from the small Roman Clock set, I never throw away chipboard shapes as you never know when they will come in handy. The Forever title piece was cut from the Families are Forever chipboard title.


Throughout the background of the page I added a sprinkling of Twig seedlings and some coordinating beads and pearls.


Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
838880 Remnants - Callaway
Chipboard
839887 Remnants - Printed Chipboard
234162 Cogs & Gears
648065 Roman Clock Set - Small
273940 Bits Of Honey
843587 Families Are Forever Title
Flowers
833489 Apricot Blooms
137273 Harvest Lillies
Embossing Powder
109577 Ebony
Seedlings
835483 Twig
Stamps
834783 Honey Bits

My final page today was created using the B side of the Callaway patterned paper and a strip from the Devonshire patterned paper. I cannot express how much I love the colouring of the Devonshire paper. it is just so pretty.

'Happy Together'


The main cluster was created using the Roman Clocks - Small chipboard set. I also added one of the chipboard dangles from the Romantic Page Dangles set.


Some parts of the chipboard was embossed with Ivory embossing powder once again along with chalk ink. The title is from the Remnants Printed chipboard set and has again been altered with chalk ink to give it a softer colouring.


For added interest I added a couple of flowers from the Wonderlust Lillies set. Cotton thread was added and then a sprinkling of Meadow Seedlings to the background.


Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
838880 Remnants - Callaway
839788 Remnants - Devonshire
Chipboard
839887 Remnants - Printed Chipboard
274794 Romantic Page Dangles
648065 Roman Clock Set - Small
Flowers
825187 Wonderlust Lillies
Embossing Powder
842184 Ivory
Seedlings
841781 Meadow

Well that is it from me for this month, I hope I have given you some inspiration.
Thank you for stopping by.

Hugs
Joanne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment