Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Introducing our August Blue Fern Fan of the Month

Hello everyone.  It's difficult to believe that it is August already.  But with each new month, we get an opportunity to introduce you to a new Blue Fern Fan of the Month.  For the month of August, please join us in welcoming Mariusz Gierszewski from Poland.  He is a fabulous designer and you will love  how he uses our products.  You are sure to be inspired!

We will turn it over to Mariusz so he can tell you a little about himself:   


My name is Mariusz Gierszewski. I come from Poland. I'm 26 years old and I'm young men who love papers, flowers and scissors. I live in Łodź in central Poland. My passions are scrapbooking, and card making.  Recently I tried to create something with mixed media. 

First work I ever made was in August, 2012. My favorite styles are vintage and shabby. Blue Fern products are awesome for my shabby style. I love to make cards and albums, sometimes layouts.  I have been an educator and designer for several manufacturers.  I hold a lot of workshops each month in many countries like Spain, Latvia, Greece, Indonesia, Brasil, Sweden, Norway or Slovakia. 


In my cards I try to show as much value as possible to the collection of paper. For this card I used the Garden Life collection.  These papers are awesome for shabby style and to the vintage look you can see on my cards. 



I cut some flowers from papers and make the composition with 3D effect. 
Afther that I attached fabric flowers from Garden Florals and Dark Tropic Lilies.  At the end I used 
gesso to reduce intensive color.  In this way I receive soft and shabby effect. 



Please be sure to check back next Wednesday when we will have another project from Mariusz.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is stunning!!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly beautiful. The techniques are great and showcases Blue Fern Studios products very well. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete