Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas altered art by Marie-Josee

Hello folks!

This is my last post for Blue Fern Studios and I have three projects to show you, all created with the Vintage Christmas collection.

Box card

I did a bit of fussy cutting for the card. I cut the child and the Christmas tree out of the Calling Cards paper. I used a piece of the Country Picket Fence chipboard between the child and the Christmas tree and a piece of the Winter Flakes chipboard set. Both were altered with white gesso.




 



Gift bag

I created this gift bag from scratch, using a Vintage Christmas paper. I cut small pieces of the Mini Rings Panel and glued them to each side of the bag. Then, I applied gesso randomly with a sponge. I also added Imagine Ink Embossing Powder in Poinsettia.



 




Christmas scene

Finally, here's a Christmas scene in a box. I created the box from scratch using kraft paper. I cut the bottom and used parchment paper as a background (you can also use vellum paper). I used various Vintage Christmas papers and a die to create the houses. I added gesso to the edges, as if it is snow. I also altered the two snowflakes from the Winter Flakes set with gesso.

I used parchment paper as a background to be able to light the scene with battery-powered tea lights, which I put behind my Christmas scene, so that it creates a soft glow.







 



No comments:

Post a Comment