Thursday, June 13, 2013

3 Projects w/Erin Blegen

Hi, everyone! Erin Blegen here to get you motivated to dig out your chipboard and get creating! I have three different types of projects for you showcasing several Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces and I'm going to walk you through how I was inspired by them :)

Let's get started!

"Climb Up"
I really wanted to put to use some of the "longer" pieces such as the 12" Calligraphic Border and the 12" Page Chains.


 I pieced them apart to suit my project. 


I especially love how the Calligraphic Border placed vertically pulls the eye to my son's tree climbing scene :)


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Calligraphic Border

Page Chains

Fancy Fob Watch

"Laughter" {Tag}
For this tag, I was inspired by the empty spaces within the chipboard pieces. All 3 pieces used here were backed with paper, filled with glossy accents and then a variety of beads.


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Brigitte Butterfly Set

Vintage Keys

Ironwork Accents

"Blessings" {Card}
I wanted to create a "stacked" look with this card, so after layering my papers I proceeded to layer my chipboard pieces as well. I used a chicken wire stamp to decorate the bottom layer before applying a turquoise chalk ink to the Vintage Lock and topping it with glossy accents, and then finally randomly applied some ink to the title piece.


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Regal Ornaments

Vintage Locks

Spiritually Speaking

Thank-you for checking out my projects today!
If you haven't yet, make sure to check out the June Sketch Challenge~ still plenty of time to play along :)

Take care~!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Erin...Gorgeous work once again!! The out of bounds photos are truly fantastic on your layout!! Love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABsolutely FABuLOUS Erin!! Love the clever way you used the chipboards on your LO and the tag and card are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous details on all three projects! I love the climbing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart be still! Erin your style is truly stunning, your work outstanding and everything you touch turns into fabulousness!! Thank you SO much for all the gorgeous inspiration!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete