Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A Sad Farewell


This is one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever had to write in terms of BFS, but it's come to a point where I must close the business.

Many of you know that my son was critically wounded in the war in Afghanistan.   Because he has had half of his brain removed, I have been his caregiver for the last 10 years. 6 years ago we were in a good place and I figured things were well enough for me to start Blue Fern Studios. Unfortunately things changed a few years ago when my son had brain surgery that ended up with many complications that continue to this day. Due to this, I have found it harder and harder to keep up with the day to day operations of running a business. My son has to be my main focus and although it was a very tough decision to make - I have decided to close Blue Fern Studios.  

I want to thank everyone for their patronage through the years. It had been a long time dream to be a wholesaler in this industry and you ALL helped me to make it a success! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I also want to give a huge shout out to Valerie Serfozo (my right hand woman in all ways) and Michele Singh (our talented product designer). None of this would have been possible without the two of you!

I also want to thank ALL of our current and past designers.  You all are so talented and helped us grow immensely through the years.  We wouldn't be here without all of you!


Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment