Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Megan's July Projects

Hi Everyone,

Today I have three projects to share with you, two layouts and an OTP project, and Ive used three different collections.

Autumn is one of my favourite times of year because of all the abundance of colour in changing leaves.  We had a photo shoot with our dogs in autumn and this photo is one of my favourites from the shoot.


My background paper is from the Wanderlust collection.  I have inked around the edges with oxide ink and also used that same ink to use on a stencil in the background.


To alter my chipboard Checker Bits, Ive used the new embossing powder Napa Valley - the photos do not do this embossing powder justice, it is simply stunning!


For the Circle Groups chipboard I have embossed it with Ivory and then stamped lightly with stazon ink and then inked around the edges.  Ive also used the negative pieces throughout the layout as well which makes this particular chipboard set very versatile! You might also be able to see some random stamping in the background as well.


The chipboard here originally said "I love you more" and was all joined together.  I removed the 'more' from the title to use at a later date and I was left with "I love you".  I have painted this set white and then inked half of it with the same oxide ink from earlier.


Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Wanderlust - Lakeside

Chipboard:
Circle Groups
Checker Bits
I Love you More

Embossing Powder:
Ivory
Napa Valley

Stamps:
Tattered Newsprint
For the Birds

Seedlings:
Twig

Flowers:
Wanderlust Lillies




My second layout uses the gorgeous floral Blush collection.  I love the fussy cut-ability of this paper collection!


I left my base piece of paper plain, just inking round the edges with an oxide ink - I felt that all my fussy cutting together with the graphics of the paper provided enough detail, and I didn't want to detract from that.  Ive tucked some additional chipboard into my cluster at both ends.  I added another piece of chipboard in the top corner to draw the eye across the page and gave this piece a two tone effect with two embossing powders.


To add to the detail of the graphics on my paper I added a few tiny rosebuds which helps that wee cluster look more dimensional and gives it a little pop!


To help add some dimension to the page I have layered the two different fussy cut pieces onto scrap chipboard - in total there are three layers to this page.


My chipboard word was part of butterfly circle, I just removed the piece I wanted from the whole piece and then embossed it.



Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Blush - Key to My Heart, Sweetheart

Chipboard:
Bird Ornaments
Butterfly Circle

Embossing Powder:
Green Ivory
Pink dust
Pink Peppermint



My final project today uses my all time favourite paper collection HomeSpun.  Theres something about this collection that just makes me sigh with delight!



I had found this frame in a sale and it was the perfect colour for what I wanted, I just sanded it to give me a distressed look.  
I chose this piece of paper because it made me think of those picture/pin up boards you can make with fabric on the background and then ribbon that goes across the board in both directions with pins where the ribbon intersects??  Well I wanted to recreate that look.
I added brads to the joins of my paper ribbon.  I cut into the sides of my paper ribbon to allow me to tuck my bit and pieces into it.  And then I fussy cut in to the paper and moved that fussy cut piece to sit on top of my base paper so that it fit inside my frame.
I have decorated the top with a chipboard flourish piece - embossed white - and a cluster of flowers.


I picked some of my favourite pieces of cut aparts, from various collections and tucked them into my pin board.


Products Used

Patterned Paper:
HomeSpun - Picturesque

Flowers:
Wanderlust Lillies

Embossing Powder:
Snow


Thats three quite different projects for you today, I hope theres been something there to give you some inspiration!  see you next month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment