Monday, February 19, 2018

In the mood and Remnants inspirations by Jennifer Jacques

Good morning Blue Fern Fanatics!

It's my turn today on the Blue Fern Studios blog to present my February inspirations.
Did you see the gorgeous new collection "In the mood"?
Absolutely in love with this pink/red and soooooo romantic collection.

Here is my first layout with those brand new products.

"Fabulous"


First, I  primed my background "Optimistic"paper with clear gesso and, then, applied some modeling paste through a stencil.  A little bit of spray to highlight the design and I was ready to go further.

I made my focal point by layering my picture on chipboard, die cut and a piece of "Pensive" paper.  


You can see in the picture below, 2 new colors of embossing powders that just came out with In the mood.  Black gold on the chipboard, and the lovely Pixie dust on my doily die cut.  On the leaves, I chose one of my favorite green color, Forest.


Add some printed coordinated chipies under the picture and some laces across the page 
(the black one is 3B and ivory one is lace12).


Then, I added some flowers.  
The white one is gorgeous with a little bit of glitter on it.  It is from the Garden Blooms set.
On my title, it is the Ivory embossing powder that I chose.


In final touches, I printed some little tiny dots with the Halftone stamp: you can barely see them loll.
Added some gesso splatters and that was it!

Blue Fern Studios products used on this layout

Paper: In the mood Optimistic & Pensive

Chipboard: In the mood printed chipboard

Embossing powders: Pixie dust
                                     Black gold
                             Ivory
                              Forest
Lace: 3B & 12

Flower: Garden blooms (white one)

Stamp: Halftone

*********************************

"Beautiful"

For my second inspiration, it is the "Flirty" paper that I chose for my background.


I added some texture on my backgroud with some 3D gel medium on which I sprinkled some  
Rose Gold glitters.  Some crackle paste over another stencil, some printing with one of my Blue Fern Studios favorite stamp: Newsprint.


I cut in  parts one of the In the mood printed chipboard  and displayed them under my picture, which is also on a piece of b-side "Pensive" paper.  Also used the circle calendar that came in the coordinated printed chipboard as an embellishment.  The biggest flower  was in the Moody floral flowers set (the pale pink one, that I sprayed a little bit to match the paper's color).


I used 2 colors of embossing powders on my leaves below: Fern and Forest.


Added some enamel dots, more flowers from my stash and, again, 
gesso splatters and this one was done!

Blue Fern Studios products used on this layout

Paper: In the mood Flirty & Pensive (b-side)

Chipboard: In the mood printed chipboard

Embossing powders: Fern & Forest
                             
Flower: Moody floral (pale pink + spray)

Stamp: Newsprint

Glitter: Rose gold

******************************

Last but not least for February,  Remnants collection inspiration!

"Memories"


Here, it's the "Westfield" paper as my backgroud.  As usual, primed with clear gesso.  I used some printed chipboard to build my focal point.  Some lace 7 to add texture, some glitters "In the forest" on the edges of my chipboard and "Meadow" seedlings as final touches on the printed chippies.


Did you see those beautiful flowers below???  
My favorite from Blue Fern Studios, the lilies.  Just loooooooove them 💗  The red one from the Harvest Lilies set and the green/brown one from the Wanderlust collection.  Also, under the side of my cluster, a white one from the Remnants blooms ;)



Blue Fern Studios products used on this layout

Paper: Remnants Westfield

Chipboard: Remnants printed chipboard

Flowers: Harvest lilies, Wanderlust lilies and Remnants blooms

Lace: 7 Ivory

Glitters: In the forest

Seedlings: Meadow

********

So this is it for me!  Hope you have found some inspiration here!
See you next month 😘




No comments:

Post a Comment