Friday, February 16, 2018

February Layout Inspiration - Joanne Bain

Hi Everyone!!

Joanne here with you today to share some layouts. Its a bit of a mixed basket this month for me as I created with 3 different collections.

My first layout was created with the absolutely gorgeous Wanderlust collection. I simply love the wash of colours in this collection. They have such a summery beachy feel to them.

'Forever'


For the base of my layout I chose to use the Seascape patterened paper from the Wanderlust collection. To create my main cluster I started with Blue Fern chippy Hexagon Bits and build up from there. All chipboard was painted with white gesso and then coloured with watercolour.


I then went about layering lots of Blue Fern lillies and blooms. The white blooms from the Apricot Blooms set were watercoloured with my chosen colours to blend with my page theme. The Wanderlust Lillies were left as they were and as you can see they are beautiful. The larger cream blooms from the Chesterville set were also watercoloured and pulled apart to from the back matting behind my photo.


I added some torn cheesecloth for added softness and texture for the page. The cheesecloth was also watercoloured to blend with the theme of my page.


For added texture and to help give a little more of a beachy feel Gold Nugget Seedlings and art stones were added.

Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
825989 Wanderlust - Seascape
Chipboard
Hexagon Bits
Roman Clock Set - Large (hands)
996619 Techno Rings
Flowers
833489 Apricot Blooms
825187 Wanderlust Lillies
814587 Chesterville Blooms
Seedlings
845987 Gold Nugget
Stamps
834783 Honey Bits

For my next page I went back to my traditional love of a white background and created my own watercolour background to blend with fussy cut pieces from the Amber & Apricot collection.

'Delightful'


I think it has a very fresh and crisp feel to it. leaves and flowers were fussy cut from the Flora and Friendship papers from the Amber & Apricot collection. I am not a big fan of Apricot as a colour but I do like how this turned out.


The Blue Fern Shabby Brick Bits and Techno Square chipboard were embossed with Dark Chocolate embossing powder and I then added a sprinkling of Russet glitter. This turned out beautifully, it looks so pretty when the light catches the colours and they really standout on the white background.

The fancy square frame behind the photo was embossed with Green Ivory embossing powder and then a sprinkling of Solar Flare glitter was added. This colour is amazing, its so bright and vibrant.


The fussy cut paper pieces were layered in amongst the apricot blooms and chipboard. By doing this it helps to create detail and dimension. To add a soft texture to the page I added a little natural cheesecloth fabric.


Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
Amber & Apricot Collection
827181 Flora
827389 Friendship
Chipboard
274558 Shabby Brick Bits
Techno Squares
Delightful (Title)
Flowers
833489 Apricot Blooms
Embossing Powder
813580 Dark Chocolate
843488 Green Ivory
Glitter
844683 Solar Flare
122279 Russet

For my final page I chose to use one of my all time favourite collections Deja' Vu.

'Perfect Moment'


I cannot speak more highly of this collection, it is simply beautiful! This collection has been in my stash forever and I am so happy to be able to now use it.


The layout features 3 of the papers from the collection, Un Voyage A' Paris, Frisperies and Petites Cartes.
Some were used for fussy cutting while other pieces were used for matting in my cluster.

The Blue Fern Monarch Butterfly chippys take centre stage on this page, they have so much detail to them. I used the large and medium butterflies from the set. I cut both in half and layered on top of each other attaching with chipboard offcuts to help keep them open.


Behind the main photo cluster is the Blue Fern chippy Thistle Spray. The chipboard had texture paste added to it then painted with white gesso, I then added Blue Fern Snow Embossing powder and a very light sprinkling of White Gold glitter. You cant really see in the photo but it is quiet pretty and a little sparkly.


Showing a little of the dimensional details.


Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
Deja' Vu Collection
Un Voyage A' Paris
Friperies
Petites Cartes
Chipboard
Royal Monarch Butterflies
Thistle Spray
Embossing Powder
842184 Ivory
113871 Snow
Glitter
142079 White Gold

Well I hope I have inspired you a little this month, I will be back again next month with some projects using the gorgeous new In The Mood collection.

Joanne
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment