Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Little Bit of Spring

Hi, it's Valerie today, and I've got spring on my mind.  With Easter approaching, I pulled out the Blue Fern Garden paper collection, along with a few chipboard pieces, and created an Easter layout and card.

First up is a layout using the "Picnic"  and "Timeless" paper and a photo of my niece that was taken last Easter. 


I chose the Cosmos Basket as a backdrop for the photos, tucked in a Bohemian Flower with the cluster, and painted some Checker Bits green, as a page accent.  

Here are a couple of close ups of the chipboard pieces:



Next, I created a little Happy Easter card using the Timeless and Calling Cards papers from the Blue Fern Garden collection.  I painted the bunny in the Bunny Basket chipboard set, and used the smallest circle from the Beaded Strings set.  


Lastly, I've had this sweet photo of my nephew that I took when he an infant, that I wanted to use with the Parlour paper.  I first worked with the background to create a grunge look (the Blue Fern Garden paper is perfect for this, since it's good and heavy).  I primed the Lattice Gate with gesso, applied a coat of Inka Gold (Old Silver), and unevenly sponged on some gold Prima Metallic Chalk Edger, to give it a distressed look.  I also primed the Broken Rings, and inked them with black ink.


Here is a close-up of the chipboard pieces:


That's all from me this month.  I love trying to achieve different looks with this chipboard!  
Be sure to stop by tomorrow when Jackie will share a few of her projects with you!

3 comments: