Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Rufus

   Hello! I am back today with another layout for Blue Fern Studios using the Eclectic Charm Collection.
 This is Rufus. Rufus was my youngest daughter's dog. He was a rescue dog and became an integral part of our family. He was a pitbull with a huge personality! It was a sad day when we took Jessie and Rufus to the vets to put him down. There is a special love between an owner and their dog. To say goodbye is as hard as losing a family member. I decided to make an album about Rufus for Jessie's 30th birthday this August.
 I primed my background with clear Gesso and then stamped a clock image with the Fancy Clocks stamp and Amethyst embossing powder on two places. I then did some stamping with the Tattered Newsprint Stamp and black archival ink. I went over everything with a stencil and some Paper molding paste from Finnibair and then colored it all with various mists.
I used some ephemera for added embellishments. I also used a rather old piece of chipboard that I love, the hollow brick from Blue Fern and embossed it with dark brown to lengthen my focal point.
I used some Purple Haze Seedlings on some of the flowers and added a painted butterfly also from Finn's mechanical collection.
A close-up of the blooms I used from both Prima and 49 & Market. I added some sparkles to some and seedlings on others.
I used the new Frilly Frame from the Romantic Life collection and heat embossed it with Wheat and Plum embossing powder.
I used some Melanges from Prima and painted them gold and purple again for added texture and interest.
I colored some alphas with some wine colored mist for my title. And that's all she wrote! I am looking forward to receiving the newest line from Blue Fern Jane's Memoirs this week! I hope to be back with a layout done with this gorgeous new line.



Stay safe and healthy!

All the best! :)



Products Used


Chipboard

Frilly Frame

Hollow Brick (old stock)


Embossing Powder
Wheat
Amethyst
Plum

Seedlings
Purple Haze
Lavender

Papers

Calling Cards

Mercantile
Reminisce
Frills


Ephemera



No comments:

Post a Comment