Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April layout and Step by Step by France Ringuette

Hi Blue Fern Fans, it's my turn today on the blog and I have 2 layouts for you today.

Câlin Step by Step layout with Wanderlost collection

This month, I would like to show you a step by step on building the foundation for this layout:



I always start my process by coating my paper with clear gesso. The clear gesso will act as a barrier and let you add watercolors or sprays easily to your layout.

Once my gesso is dry, I use a stencil and mat gel medium. Then I add my embossing powder to my gel medium and heat emboss. I love adding embossing to my backgrounds. I've found that gel mat medium works really well to emboss this way. I used Honey Embossing Powder on my layout.


Then I like to add inks to my background. I try to match my inks to some of the darker colors already on the paper. In this case, a dark teal blue. I sprints some water on the edges to give it a blurry effect and let it dry. You can use a heat gun to goa faster if you wish. Once dry, I use the same ink and add splatters with a small fine tip paintbrush and let dry again.



Last step for the background is to add some die-cut pieces and white some white glue, I add on some seedlings for extra texture. On this background I used the Harvest Seedlings.


For dimension, I enjoy adding chipboards to my pages. I heat embossed with a slightly darker tone this time to give contrast with the initial one placed on the background. On my chipboard I used Ginger Embossing Powder. I LOVE the metal effect it gives. 


Last steps are just to layer your Pictures with different pieces of cut out paper, printed chipboard, flowers and ornements.

Here are a few more images of my layout:



The picture was taken at my son's high school graduation, it was a proud moment, I felt this quote was just perfect because it truly is what a hope for him to chose a career that will make him happy.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper: Wanderlust Memento

Embossing Powders: Ginger & Honey

Printed Chipboard: Wanderlust

Flower: Spring Lilies


*******************************

Sassy... Serendipity collection

This quote spoke to me.... The Best Moments Happen when they are Unplanned....

oh how true.... I am a girl that is often spontaneous, so this quote is truly one perfect for me.


I truly love this Chesterville flower, soft and delicate it was perfect tp highlight the light colors on this beautiful background.

I also added the leaves and small black flowers from the Wanderlust Vine set.


Behind the quote I used ginger embossing powder with the Vintage Edges stamp set to give some texture on my background.


I love this Sassy chipboard title and wanted it to pop off the page. I also wanted to give focus on the teal elements of this gorgeous paper. I chose to add only a layer of Caribbean glitter over the chipboard, wow it gave a spectacular finish. Underneath is another piece of chipboard heat embossed with Ginger Embossing Powder. This one is becoming part of my favorites.



Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper: Serendipity Imagination & Calling cards

Embossing Powders: Ginger 

Flower: Chesterville flower and Wanderlust vine set

Glitter: Caribbean

Chipboard: Sassy

Stamp set: Vintage Edges


I hope you have enjoyed my step by step and April layouts. Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a very crafty month !


No comments:

Post a Comment