Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Pop and Grandma's House by Lisa Landry

The gorgeous Blue Fern Studios new Homespun paper collection has such a nice nostalgic feel.  The Homestead page immediately brought back wonderful memories of going to pop & Grandma's House.

I usually have a photo as the focal point on my layouts, but I did something I've never done before and here is what I came up with.



There are so many wonderful cards on the Calling Cards page. I went all out, but hey, they fit the theme of my layout - Grandma's fabulous cooking!   The center focal area is a 6x6 piece from the backside of the page Picturesque.  I made this into a pocket using foam tape on three sides and then placed it in the center of the page.  I decorated it using cut outs from the Calling Cards page and some cute flowers. 
 
Blue Fern's Scalloped Border chipboard is heat embossed with their lovely new color GoldilocksTo coordinate with the layout, I lightly brushed it with white gesso and added some mini pink and mint roses.



Next I printed (using a piece from the page Craftysome memories I have as a very young child going to Pop & Grandma's.  My journaled card fits perfectly inside the pocket.  I punched & inked the edge for femininity.  A small wooden clothes pin is decorated with words from the Calling Cards page and some gold nail heads.



Here is the front of my journaled card.  You can read the journaling on my blog HERE



 On the back of the card I adhered a laminated photo of Pop & Grandma Romero celebrating their 50th Anniversary.  This is exactly how I remember them.  Notice that the backside of the clothes pin has the rest of the sentiment on it.



I'm speechless when it comes to the stunning wedding lace from Blue Fern.  I just HAD to use it on this page!  After all, not only does it look super fabulous, but it significantly resembles Pop & Grandma's Golden Anniversary  How perfect is that?



Now it's time for my most favorite part of the decorating process....creating beautiful flower clusters.  I used Blue Fern's Christmas Blooms and they are gorgeous. The Blue Fern Seedlings I used inside some of the flowers look fantastic don't they?



The backside of Blue Fern's Timeless collection page Maçonnerie was used to die cut the piney leaves.  I just LOVE the house printed on this Homestead page!



Blue Fern Products used:

Homespun paper collection  Homestead (for main layout page)
Picturesque (backside for pocket)
Calling Cards (for word cut outs)
Crafty (for journaled card)


Timeless paper collection

Maçonnerie (backside for piney leaf die cuts)

Flowers

Christmas Blooms

Lace

Lace 9C

Chipboard

Scalloped Border


Media
Embossing Powder - Goldilocks
Seedlings - Mauve & Fir Tree



This has been one of the most enjoyable layouts to create.  I so appreciate you stopping by to take a look.  I'll be back for my final layout next Wednesday and hope you'll drop by.
Have a wonderful week!  
Lisa : )

4 comments:

  1. So many thoughtful details, Lisa! This is truly a very special piece. Love how the lace symbolizes their golden anniversary. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi! This one carries many great memories for me.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, Lisa! So many beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete