Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March projects by Wendy Scholten

Hello everyone,
Today is my turn on the Blue Fern Studios Blog with my march projects.
I made 3 layouts, one with the chesterville collection and two with the new Spring Parade collection.

So let's start with the one from the Chesterville Collection called:

"Adorable"

I just love this picture of our little girl, she was only 10 months here.
I made this layout with the Whitford papers, i used the backside for my background and a piece from the front of the paper to place behind my photo.
 Don't you just love those papers, you can use them for every subject.
I embossed the chipboard pieces Textured Wildflowers, Memory Frames, one of the bohemian flowers and the word Adorable with the: iris, vintage gold and sand&sea embossing powders.
 To give the background a bit more texture i used the Essential Textures Stamp, that's all it really needed.
 I also used a lot of the gorgeous flowers : Heartland Blossoms, Courtship roses and the Dark Tropic Lilies
 I used a few things from my own stash: baubles, lace, berries, small beads in different colors and just a little bit of paint.

Blue fern Studios products used:

Papers:
-Chesterville: -Whitford (2x)

Chipboard:
- Textured Wildflowers
-Memory Frames
-Perfect, Adorable, Special
-Bohemian Flowers

Stamps:
-Essential Textures

Embossing Powders:
-Iris
-Sand&Sea
- Vintage Gold

Flowers:
- Heartland Flowers
-Courtship Roses
-Dark Tropic Lilies

Now for the Second one, this features the gorgeous new Spring Parade collection.
This is such a beautiful, bright paper collection that  really feels like spring, although you can use it for anything!

This one i called:

"Dazzling"

For this one i used the June paper as my background, and a stencil with some moddeling paste and oil pastels to color the background. Behind my photo i used a piece of the Susie's garden paper, i also fussy cutted a lot of flowers from that paper.
 First i embossed the Janie's Fram Chipboard piece with the Lilac and the new Lavender Egg's embossing powders,
 I placed the frame and the fussy cut flowers behind my photo frame and decided i wanted to turn the picture a bit to the side to give it a different effect.
 i placed some rhinestones in and around my frame to give it a bit of sparkle.
  The title Dazzling i embossed with the lavender Egg's and Fern Embossing powders to let it stand out a bit more.
 i used a few little flowers, lace, a sticker and rhinestones from my own stash tot complete this layout.

Blue fern Studios products used:

Papers:
-Spring parade:
 -June
                 -Susie's Garden

Chipboard:
-Janie's Frame
-Briljant, Amazing, Dazzling

Embossing powders:
- Lavender egg's
-Fern
-Lilac

Flowers:
-Spring Florals
-Spring peony and berries


And this is my last one for this month, also featured the Spring Parade collection.

"Cute Stuff"



I used the Susie's Garden paper, i just love this paper, the colors and flowers are so stunning, i also used a piece and fussy cut the flowers from the Sunday best paper.
 For the background i used a stencil with some moddeling paste as well as oil pastels for some color. I also used the tattered newsprint stamp with snow embossing powder to give my background some texture.
 I chose the Spring Bunny Frame, Spring Trinkets and the title Cute stuff from the Good vibes set for my chipboards, i embossed the spring bunnies frame with lilac embossing powder, the spring trinkets with Lavender Egg's and Speckled mint embossing powders.
 I used flowers from different collections on this one: Spring Florals,  Attic Charm Daisies, Heartland Blossoms and Spring Lilies
The title Cute Stuff was embossed with Snow embossing powder.
 i also used small flowers from my own stash as well as Pearls, prills and some paint.
Blue Fern Studios Products used:

Papers:
Spring Parade:
- Susie's garden
-Sunday Best

Chipboard
-Spring Bunny Frame
-Spring Trinkets
- Good Vibes set

Stamp:
-Tattered Newsprint

-Embossing Powders:
-Lavender Egg's
-Lilac
-Speckled Mint
- Snow

Flowers:
-Spring Florals
-Attic Charm Daisies
Heartland Blossoms
-Spring Lilies

I guess you can see where my inspiration came from, i love to use photo's off our little girl, lol!
Thanks for stopping by and see you next month.

Hugs Wendy






1 comment: