Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Courtship Lane inspiration by Pascale


Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Blue fern Studios with 3 new projects using the Courtship Mane collection. .

In the first one I chose a photo of my daughter when she was almost 3 years old, no need to say it was some time ago.







And here is the beautiful sketch I follow to make the layout.

You still have time to upload your project until the 31st March here.

I started to add a layer of clear gesso to the background to protect it. While it was drying, I cut several strips in the Est Plaza paper. Then I glued them to the background and added a thin layer of white gesso. When dry, I stamped randomly with an archival black ink with the Garden Frolic design.


I added also a design with the Essentiel Textures and the Snow embossing Powder. 


I primed the  French Word with white gesso and the Turkish Panel with clear gesso. Then I colored the chipboards with different colors of Twinkling H2Os. 


I used the same colors on the background and the flowers in order to have a monochromatic layout. I finished the page with some glitters. 


Blue fern Studios products used:

Courtship Lane collection - Bourbon Ave, Est Plaza, Calling Cards
Chipboards - Turkish Panel, French Words
Stamps - Essentiel Textures, Garden Frolic
Embossing Powder - Snow
Glitter - Dusty Rose, Peridot

-------------------------------------------------

My second layout with the Courtship Lane collection showcase a photo I've taken of my friend during our last photo shoot. 


Here are some close-ups:






And a step-by-step video:


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Courtship Lane collection - Parkway, TwonGossip
Chipboards - Serenpidity Words 2, Folkart Frame
Stamps - Arcadia Textures, Vintage Edges
Embossing Powders - Sage, Verdant, Ginger
Flowers - Courtship Blooms

-------------------------------------------------

For the last layout I chose to work with the green paper from the collection. It was the perfect match for this photo of the Saint Martin Wash House I've bought during a trip to Rennes (France)


I started to apply a layer of clear gesso. Then I added a design with a light modeling paste and a stencil. While the paste was still wet I sprinkled several colors of embossing powders and heat set them. 


I cover the Organic coins with a layer of clear crackle paste and let to dry. When the paste was completly dry, I colored it with a mica powder.


I colored the die-cut leaves with different shades of green and browns that match the photo and sprinkled them with different embossing powders and heat set them.


I used a Primary Element to color the Courtship Roses.


I  finished with splatters of black and white gesso and some random stamping with the Postal Textures stamp.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Courtship Lane collection - Love Affair
Chipboard - Organic Coins
Embossing Powders - Nutmeg, Ginger, Verdant, Sage, Lime
Flowers - Courtship Blooms, Courtship Roses
Stamp - Postal Texture

1 comment: