Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Quick Tutorial with Kelly

Hi there! Kelly here, with a quick tutorial and some ideas on how to use your chipboard and the punched out bits from your chipboard shapes in a new way. 

"The Best Day Ever"











I decided to use this to create a whimsical layout...I added in some of the "Cloudy Skies" pieces, which I primed with Gesso, then used the same emboss/resist technique as I described above. I fussy cute the photos of my little girls and placed them upon the clouds.

Behind the cloud pieces I tucked away threads, cheesecloth, tissue paper, and pearl flourishes to add to the whimsical feel. Here are some close ups of the finished project:



I added the Best Day Ever title, which was simply embossed with white powder.

The small hearts are also "left over" pieces from the Hearts Panel.

Chipboard Used:

 Best Day Ever
Best Day Ever
Cloudy Skies
Cloudy Skies
along with "punch outs" from...
Quatrefoil Panel
Quatrefoil Panel

Bits of Honey
Bits of Honey

Heart Panel
Heart Panel - Chunky

Lattice Gate
Lattice Gate
Here is another layout I created using a similar background style, once again using "leftovers" from the Quatrefoil Panel, along with the Directions set.

"Three"

Nothing like a cluster of arrows to draw attention to the photo, right?

To add extra texture to the quatrefoil pieces I sprinkled on some white mica fragments, and also dabbed them with a texture medium.

Chipboard used:

Directions
Directions

Quatrefoil Panel:
Quatrefoil Panel

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking a look! I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial, and will try it out yourself!!

*Kelly*

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO's ! I love these ideas ! Thank you so much for sharing .... I might 'scraplift' these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It's funny, I thought I was the only one to save those cute pieces. I'll have to start using them. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely start using them! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Kelly I love that tutorial on chipboard bits... I have so many and don't know what to do with them. Your layouts are always such an inspiration... I have just had to buy some gelatos... Love how they work... Thanks for sharing. Such beautiful layouts..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful these are! I love the use of all those gorgeous cool colors and
    then my eyes are drawn to the children's yummy warm-toned hair---thanks
    for explaining how you achieved these effects. I enjoyed reading about it.
    --Jennifer in OH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh....So so beautiful!! The colors make me happy and thank you for sharing your art techniques!! Makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete